This recipe write up will be short and sweet, but still delicious and so easy to have in the fridge for a few evenings to give yourself a nice pudding and remove the temptation for anything naughtier!
Traditionally the crumble topping is baked in the oven over its fruit filling, but I have simplified things by pre-cooking the fruit and granola separately. By doing this it means that hubby and I can just make two portions for our pudding without having to make a large crumble. I used my granola recipe (minus the cranberries) as the topping and would have frozen some of the fruit filling to use another time… but it did not last that long!
Having apple as the main base of the fruit filling, you could add any mixture of fruit for your taste… why not also try apple and raisins, or apple and raspberry, or just leave as the plain apple filling. How much sugar you add is all down to your personal taste preference, but just remember the sweet granola topping as well.
- 800 g cooking apple, (roughly 3 large) chopped
- 150 g blackberry, frozen or fresh
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Peel the cooking apple and chop into slices.
- Mixed all ingredients into microwave safe container with a cover.
- Cover and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes before stirring and placing back into the microwave.
- Continue checking every 2-3 minutes until the fruit has reduced to a soft texture.
- Make the granola for your crumble.
Serve individual portions when needed… my choice is a bit more granola crumble to fruit, but hubby prefers more fruit to crumble!