Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /homepages/41/d711839011/htdocs/app711839101/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
I always remember as a child when my mom made pancakes, they were always prefect… how?!?! She would always make a big batch and then freeze some which were so easy to defrost and have at any time… maybe that is where I get my tendency to always cook more than needed for any meal in order to freeze the extras!!!!
One thing I did not get from mom, was my talent in making pancakes. I have made my share of pancakes in the past that have either been very oddly shaped or a huge mix of darker than normal pancakes and definitely not edible for anyone other than myself. Its all about finding that perfect recipe and practice practice practice!
With Pancake Day, around the corner, I have tried a few different recipes over the last few weeks that are both vegan and gluten free, but not found that right mix, until now.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large ripe banana
- 180 ml oat milk, or any non-diary milk of your choice
- 190 g gluten-free flour of your choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl (I used a hand blender which chopped the blueberries giving them an even spread across the pancakes).
- Heat a large frying pan with a tsp of coconut oil on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, pour in the batter to form which size pancakes you prefer. Cook for a few minutes until the surface of the pancake has some bubbles, then carefully flip with a spatula to cook until golden brown in colour.
- They taste great straight from the pan with some agave syrup and fresh blueberries on top.
This recipe is adapted from North South Blonde website.