Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /homepages/41/d711839011/htdocs/app711839101/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 287
We had our first BBQ for the season and with family visiting I enjoyed making lots of different veggie dishes for the meal. Besides this salad which tasted amazing, we also had some roasted sweetcorn, hassleback new potatoes, roasted cauliflower, a huge salad and then some veggie sausages, burgers and some store bought cauliflower steak…. amazing! I always love having lots of options for my plate. Todays recipe is a quick and easy one, so hope you enjoy it!
- 3 courgettes, peeled into long thin slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the courgettes using a peeler to create long thin slices of the courgette, avoiding the seedy centre of the vegetable.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, and then add the courgette to cook on medium for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- At the same time heat a small frying pan and add the pine nuts. Keep an eye on them as they start to brown, moving them around in the pan regularly (2-3 minutes).
- Prepare the salad bowl by layering with spinach leaves, add your courgette and squeeze the lemon juice over to mix.
- Add the toasted pine nuts on top of the salad.