Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /homepages/41/d711839011/htdocs/app711839101/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288
Well I thought 2017 flew by, but we are already at the end of the 2nd week of January and I have not even said hi as yet! Happy Belated New Year everyone.
I have been trying to get my head around the technicalities of my blog, ensuring that updates and emails make their way out to you correctly! I have also added in categories to include gluten free, vegan and vegetarian for example. I am 99% there, so hoping that this post will be the start of many regular posts. Considering this will be my first post for 2018, and for someone who has a sweet tooth, I thought it needed to be something sweet. It has surprised me that there has been nothing like this posted before… I must improve on that.
Adding to that I may have also made a minor mistake leaving hubby in charge of forming the cookies while I bathed the kids as I came back to find 8 of the largest cookies I have ever seen. Based on that I had to make them again later on to really know how many portions the recipe would make, and I made 24 smaller cookies before freezing the remainder of the dough, which I then made into cookies the following day and got another 24 cookies. So I think the total number of cookies this recipe makes will all be down to what your idea of “normal” size cookie is 🙂
- 125 g gluten free oats + an additional 65 g
- 170 g gluten free flour of your choice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75 ml of melted coconut oil + an additional 2 tbsp
- 55 g brown sugar
- 70 g agave syrup
- 2 flax eggs (see below for how to make flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 65 g cranberries
- 50 g raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients – gluten free oats (125 g), gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients until completely combined – coconut oil (75 ml), brown sugar, agave syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
How to make the flax eggs:
Prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and allowing to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined, then fold in the cranberries, raisins and oats (65 g). The dough will be sticky.
- Use a small spoon to make a scoop of the mixture and place on the lined prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to flatten the cookies into a round disc. You can place the cookies close to each other as they will not spread during baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie you are making.
- Use a spatula to lift the cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely, if you can resist, and enjoy!
This recipe is an adaption from Beaming Baker website.