Warning: Parameter 2 to wp_hide_post_Public::query_posts_join() expected to be a reference, value given in /homepages/41/d711839011/htdocs/app711839101/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 287
Like with most recipes I have tried, since changing my diet, I have had to make a lot of tweaks to covert them into vegan and gluten free recipes. This recipe was no different, but I am glad to say that it works… even the kids approve.
I’ve always loved using our slow cooker… the idea is brilliant – add all ingredients in and leave to cook. Saying that however doesn’t mean that you cannot try this recipe if you don’t have a slow cooker, just cook long and slow on the stove.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onions, diced
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 800g-900g frozen quorn mince*
- 2 cup boiling water
- 2 x 28oz canned crushed tomato
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 vegetable cubes
- 3tsp dried oregano
- 2tsp dried thyme
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
* Basically two bags of quorn mince
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large pan on low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook on until the onions are translucent – about 7mins. Add this to the slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on medium for 5 hours.
There are so many ways to eat this bolognese. We love havings ours with wholegrain brown rice but also eat it with baked sweet potatoes, or with gluten free pasta. Leftovers… why not try using gluten free bread for your own personal “sloppy joe”… it’s great for lunch!
Another reason why I love using our slow cooker is because I can freeze portions so that it is easy to take out the freezer, defrost, and have an amazing meal after a rushed day.